Wednesday 28 March 2012

Nostalgia Strikes Again...

I've  no idea what the woman next to me on the bus was eating but the smell of it reminded me of...and I'm probably showing my age now...



I haven't had them for years (do they even still make them?).  I don't really buy sweeties, except for the occasional chocolate fix. But as soon as I smelt that they popped into my head. They were about the only mint I would eat when I was younger.  I didn't really like peppermints very much....still don't actually.  But Murray Mints had a gentle creamy flavour which I did like very much. Sad thing that I am I also remember the advertising jingle....but I won't torture you with singing it!

1 comment:

Marie Rayner said...

I think I have seen Murray Mints somewhere, but I have no idea! It's funny how a smell can instantly transport you to another time and place. I love it! xxoo