Monday 8 October 2012

End of an Era....

Sadly, I had to go to a funeral at the weekend.  RIP Auntie Irene....


This was taken this time last year when she was the grand old age 91and 1/2 with the youngest member of the family! I find it very sweet that the cardigan she is wearing is one my mum knitted for her....and sadly, mum's been gone for 12 years! She was doing very well for her age, still in her own flat with a little help, but contracted an infection that she couldn't fight, so for the last couple of months had been deteriorating, but not in any pain (something to be thankful for) anyway, she's now reunited with her brothers and sisters.  The oldest of them, and the last to join them.

1 comment:

Marie Rayner said...

(((hugs))) Sorry to read of your loss Sandie. My mom is the last one left in her family and I am dreading the day. She is only 80, so hopefully has a long way to go. Once she is gone . . . I am next in line! Yikes! Not a pleasant thought! xxoo