Friday 3 June 2011

At last....something crafty!

At last I'm getting round to doing something crafty....it's been such a long time since I did anything remotely involving a needle and thread!

In true form this is another new project not a UFO (roll eyes)

It's going to be a little quilt for my cousins daughter (I can never figure out if this is my second cousin or removed or whatever!) who is expecting her first.

I have the fabric all cut out....



I hope to start piecing it this weekend...I've got plenty of time (famous last words!) as she's not due till August. I don't know if she knows whether it's a boy or a girl so I've put in a bit of everything! I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find suitable fabric for a baby quilt! I went to two shops, one of which was almost an hours drive....I searched on line and in the end I just had to compromise. The only one I found that was babyish was the blue one which has tiny teddies on it.

No comments: