Thursday 16 April 2009

At last...something to do with UFOs!!

I thought it was about time I got on with my current project. I managed at last to find out where I had put it....you know....so that I would know where it was!! It took me a while to figure out where I was up to and to get back into the swing of cross stitching (it's been a while since I did any).

I've noticed though that I'm having more trouble seeing the "holes" than I used to....obviously that's old age galloping up on me! I might have to succumb to a pair of specs for close work, something I've never needed in the past even though I've worn them for distance since I was about 13 or 14.

Anyway here's a pic of the work in progress, as you can see it is almost finished.....



3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

That is beautiful SAndie. I used to do a lot of cross stitch on linen, which as you know is very fine, but have not even been able to do it on regular 14 count these days because my eyes won't allow me to focus properly enough. Darn old age!! It was always one of my great loves!!!

Angie said...

Don't think I've got the patience, never mind the eyesight, for cross-stitch, though I admire those who do.

Had a chuckle at Marie's comment. You'd think she was ancient wouldn't you? She isn't, but she is a multi-talented lady.

love, Angie, xx

Pamela said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Sandie, and for your good wishes. I love to cross stitch, too, but have more or less given it up recently because I can't see the little holes. I bought a magnifier that has a cord to go around your neck and then it sort of rests on your chest - the only problem is, I'm rather over-endowed in that area and I got tired of the thing flapping up and hitting me in the chin whenever I took a deep breath!

I enjoyed your post on the tea room. There is nothing I like better than to spend time at a tea room with friends. We found quite a nice one the last time we were in England, in Chester, and the tea was just divine. Give me sandwiches cut into little triangles, served with tea in a china cup and saucer, and anything with clotted cream, and I am just in heaven.