Thursday 25 September 2008

Still nothing to do with my UFOs.....

but I wanted to mention the fact that I just love the window displays in Harvey Nicholls in Knightsbridge....I go past on the bus every morning on my way to work. Their displays are always different....in all the years I've been going past I don't think I've ever seen anything repeated....I have the utmost admiration for whoever it is that comes up with the ideas!

The designs are very often a bit off the wall to say the least. The latest one unveiled this week, and they've just got two displays that cover all the windows on each side of the main entrance. Now I don't get much of a look some mornings so it takes a while to take it all in, but one of the displays looks to be a full sized (or almost) replica of a skeleton of a Brontosaurus (I think the design team must have had a field trip to the Natural History Museum up the road)....and here's the good bit it seems to be entirely made out of coat hangers!! If you happen to be in the area, I would say it's worth a look.

I have to say they defeat their object sometimes, because I could never tell you what clothes are on display, as I'm too busy looking at the props!! Still it brightens my journey a little bit!

5 comments:

Raquel said...

Tee Hee! You are a lot like me, I like props more than product! Can you take a picture at all? Would love to see this skeleton made of coat hangers! Much love, Raquel XO

Marie Rayner said...

I especially like to have a look at the display windows at Christmas Time Sandie! They're just lovely! I think that dinosaur made of coat hangers sound fascinating. I, too, would love to see a photo of it!

Patchwork Dragon said...

I will see if I can remember to bring my camera out with me. I noticed the other window this morning and that one looks like a (I think) stegasaurus.

chris said...

The blog looks good girl, so much prettier than mine. I too tend tpo start things and find it hard to go back to. but Im trying to break the cycle.

In Newcastle there is a store called Fenwicks and (I think there is a branch in London too)there displays were always a treat, especially at Christmas. I do miss Newcastle at times.

Chris

Nic said...

Hi there, so glad to visit your blog! I'm the same, I never finish anything, I think I get a bit bored or take too much on!
You are lucky to work in London, I'd love to see a photo of the window displays too.